Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tomorrow it's ON!

After a weekend of total debauchery, it is back to hard core dieting for me tomorrow.  And by hard core, I  mean Medifast.  First major undertaking in reinventing my success.  6-8 shakes a days for at least 6 weeks.  I'd really like to be able to go a full 8 weeks on just shakes to see if I can break the 200lb mark.  After that I'll go to 5 shakes a day and a "lean and green" meal for as long as it takes to get to 175.   I'm trying to be flexible on the timeline since I don't want to get to the point where I say screw it all and throw in the towel.  I'd much rather say, shoot, this is really hard and I know I can do 5 and 1 successfully.

My surgeon is very supportive of using Medifast as a tool, especially for folks like me who are having a hard time getting to their goal weight.  I know most of my problems now are food choices and lack of exercise so I think this is a great way to get back into diet mode and back to weight loss.  For the most part, it really fits into my lifestyle as well, especially the 5 and 1 plan.  My band is very "emotional" and any type of stress can get me in trouble. I've got a fairly stressful job and I have to be very careful at work about what I eat and how long I have to eat it.  Shakes take that out of the equation since they pretty much always go down nicely.   Swallowing a giant chunk of ice isn't that pleasant, so I do have to mindfully enjoy my shake or soup.

I'll post my starting weight tomorrow, which I suspect is gonna be over 240 after this weekend.  Now all I have to do is figure out how to add a picture and I can upload a current photo along with my starting weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment