Saturday, July 2, 2011

Week 2 - All about inches?

Well it's been 12 days on medifast and the first week had big numbers on the scale.  9lbs in a week.  Week two and the scale is fighting me.  Saw 226.2 yesterday, putting me at 10.2 lbs gone.  Today was 227.0.  That did not make me happy.  Especially since this week has been considerably  harder to stay on track.  6 shakes a day plus a  non fat latte isn't much and I'm feeling it.  The good news is that my clothes are fitting much better, I can wear most of my clothes from last summer now.  It's a bit hard to focus on inches when the scale is such a bit player in the weight loss game.  I'm thinking it's time to move to a weekly weigh in.  Takes some of the daily aggravation out of it.

My mind is fighting the fasting too. Playing the game of "Is this really worth it?" "Why do something so drastic when everyone knows slow weight loss is better?" "Is the low level of calories killing my metabolism?"  "What would it hurt to switch to 5/1 plan now?"  Geeze... I'm really torturing myself!  I really thought I could hang with this for 4 weeks, so we'll see.  I would be so excited to see a number lower than 223 and hopefully lower than 220 before moving to 5/1. 

Next weigh in on Monday?  We'll have to see.  I may not be able to resit the scale tomorrow am.

No comments:

Post a Comment